View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 02:32 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
implications of quantum physics for spirituality

if this question would pop up on a physics forums, most users would probably deny the latter as being mutually exclusive

Well...On one hand, the former is a fundamental theory in physics that provides a description of the physical properties of nature where repeated experiments are conducted at atomic and subatomic scales, trying to provide evidence to backup the claims. Scientists at least try to be objective and sincere, using physics to provide explanation of the surrounding phenomena with some backed up evidence, trying to be precise, or at least to give some approximation.....the process is always repeated, tested, questioned (reviewed) and tried to be improved eventually...

On the other hand, the latter is more of philosophy...just claims...without evidence...the common denominator between the two is the associated 'weirdness'...being the only binding piece between the two.....hence the latter abusing QM for specific agenda to justify the lack of evidence.

On a physics forum, I would have to agree that there is not much room for spirituality, nor should there be. Perhaps a mention or two near the boundaries of knowledge, but always with an acknowledgement that one has a toe or two over the line.

On a spirituality forum on the other hand there is plenty of room for QM and any and all of the sciences. I have always found the sciences, particularly the weirdness of QM and GR, to be helpful pointers for my spirituality, as long as I don't let them restrict me to only staying on the paths to which they point.