Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Master
Deer Season!!!!

Hello everyone….Here in my state of Texas we are now less than 30 days out from the opening of whitetail deer season and I’m wondering if anyone else here follows the spiritual path of the hunter….and if so how they prepare for it.

Myself and my 11 year old grandson Nick who is best buddy and partner a-field since he was three years old are now well into preparations….

For Nick this started sooner than I but he’s young and extremely excited about the coming season……this past summer he was already doing upper body strength work, running and getting into shape ....tuning his bow and shooting on our backyard range every day.

But he is also meditating and going within for the calmness , clarity and focus that will be needed to stalk an animal with some of the best eye’s ,ears and nose in the animal kingdom….

So as the hunt draws near and we celebrate our proud genetic heritage as the “thinking hunter” and solemnly contemplate the part our species plays in the circle of life that we exist in….I’m wondering how others go about this process…..

P.s….Mods….I was unsure where to put this….if this is not the right place feel free to move it!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!