View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator
I have often wondered what that "tunnel" is, and am still not sure. I experienced it myself once, though not clinically 'dead' at the time, but during an out of body experience in 1981 and I was fit and healthy. When I went through that tunnel, it was so fast and I had absolutely no control over it. I didn't mind but it was a bit scary. I had no idea where I would come out or end up. The speed was terrific, and there was a howling gale force wind.
I don't recall seeing a bright light at that point, but came out into a peaceful and curious scenario. Was completely alone, and in an ancient 'hall' of some kind which looked at least 1000 years old and nordic/ Scandinavian, or possibly British. There was a large stone well, with liquid flame and light in it, and in the center was a white-hot kind of light which whooshed up and threw me back.

I have often wondered if the "tunnel" is some sort of fast-track through the denser areas of the astral. If so, it may depend on our personal vibratory rate, (which deposits us in a certain 'place' of interest/learning to us at the time) which isn't necessarily something we always have conscious control over, but based on what's going on under the surface of conscious ego mind.

I never had that tunnel experience again, even though went out of body many times since.

I don't know why some do and some don't experience that in an NDE.