View Single Post
Old 19-11-2020, 02:21 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
it is more true to say the unbalanced conditioned ego with subjectivity and fear is sticky.

The balanced unconditioned ego without conditioning and fear is our true nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I have to agree with Godspark. Reality is I am present/presence in the right here and right now. Meaning I am present/presence in ultimate reality, objective reality, physical reality, spiritual reality all at the same time, because in reality, none of those realities are separate from each other. Any other reality or separating those realities from the right here and right now is not reality or truth at all and is purely based on subjective information/conditioning, feelngs, likes, not likes, biases, fear etc etc.

The right here and now leads one to pure omniscience/all knowing, whereas subjective information/conditioning and fear leads one astray.

The ego-self (Ahamakara, I-maker) is at the heart of duality. I, me, mine. Not me, not mine.

I'm not even saying it's necessarily a bad thing as the Ramakrishna order (and Vivekananda) embrace(d) the idea all paths are valid and have as their goal the same end. I'm only saying it's helpful to know one's path otherwise the possibility of getting confused or lost is ever present.

Pick a path, understand the path, follow the path. Following one path and conflating it with another has to introduce a great deal of cognitive dissonance and just doesn't seem a good or helpful approach.