View Single Post
Old 19-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I disagree and here's why. Show me one being who's even close to mastering all existing human knowledge. Let's just limit it to physics. It's a theory, a model in its infancy. How many people did it take to tease out the Higgs Boson and at what cost and over what timeline and only because of standing on the shoulders of all the giants who went before? We think of it as a fundamental "particle" of the Standard Model, but that too is just a model.

We perceive electromagnetism and the nuclear weak force as two distinct and fundamental forces, however if one runs the universe backwards and to a high enough energy level they are revealed as different aspects of a more fundamental force - the electroweak force.

Furthermore it's posited if one runs the universe further backwards and to an even higher level of energy the electroweak force and another fundamental force - the nuclear strong force - are aspects of an even more fundamental force and that's the goal of GUT (Grand Unified Theory). It's thought to produce enough energy to tease it out will require a particle accelerator 10,000 light years in diameter.

Beyond that and if we run the universe back to the Big Bang it's believed GUT and gravity will be different aspects of an even more fundamental force and that's the goal of TOE (Theory of Everything) however it's believed there's not enough accessible energy in the entire universe, short of collapsing it into a singularity, to tease it out.

Whatever reality actually Is, the ground-stuff within which everything appears, is most likely deeper than that. Much deeper.

When attaining lucidity within a dream one knows the reality of one's identity (the dreamer), though one does not know the neuroscience and psychology behind the experience. Similarly when one attains Enlightenment one knows one's true identity (Consciousness for lack of a better word), though one does not know its actual nature or that of the illusion of Maya (objective reality) aside from it's born out of ignorance. It's all analogy and metaphor.

By the way, Enlightenment and thoughts of gaining supreme knowledge and control of nature are mutually exclusive concepts. One negates the possibility of the other. One is the dream of Self and the other the dream of the ego-self. To realize the primacy of Self one has to let go of the primacy of the ego-self.
I have to agree with Godspark. Reality is I am present/presence in the right here and right now. Meaning I am present/presence in ultimate reality, objective reality, physical reality, spiritual reality all at the same time, because in reality, none of those realities are separate from each other. Any other reality or separating those realities from the right here and right now is not reality or truth at all and is purely based on subjective information/conditioning, feelngs, likes, not likes, biases, fear etc etc.

The right here and now leads one to pure omniscience/all knowing, whereas subjective information/conditioning and fear leads one astray.