View Single Post
Old 30-04-2022, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

EXCERPT

While the history of spiritualism is interesting to some degree in understanding others, its practical benefits are extremely limited (at least for me).

As for me, it seems my Spirit has for most of my life been yearning for something but could not put my fingers on it. Now, I see 'things' coming together. When I get thru discussing Swedenborg, I hope others can 'see' what I 'see'.

All I wish is that I had access to such information when I was growing up. It just was not available. I tried my best to find 'it' but to no avail. When I was in 6th grade, they would test us for reading speed. Sometimes, we were tested almost every day. My speed was always the same, about 2500 words per minute. When I got to high school, I would not study but go to the library, read the newspapers, the new magazines and then a book. Back then, I could read a science fiction novel (generally 300 pages) in about 1/2 hour. As much as I read, I could not get my hands on the stuff that 'helps' to put things together.

After high school, I could see 'patterns' but could not put my 'fingers' on how they all relate. Then I started studying history and noticed various 'patterns' and began seeing how 'things' relate. SpiritualForums has helped, especially all of the Forums.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜