View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 09:27 AM
Ascender

I find that logging into good news websites is very positive. I started doing that about 8 months ago and it has made such a difference (especially with virus news). These sites have become my go-to sites for news now, and tend to get updated each day, even if we’re in the middle of a new variant’s wave and the MSM are pedalling fear and hopelessness.

What I have found during this pandemic is that ‘phases’ of activity or circumstance dong actually last that long, and that things do turn around quickly.

For instance: if you had said to me a year ago (when the UK was mired in Kent variant and locked down) that in 6 months time I would be in a lively pub, with mates, watching England play a major football final in front of a big crowd at Wembley, I would have said no chance. But that is exactly what happened.

Last month, the MSM were pedalling gloom and doom, saying that Omicron would wipe out Christmas and create a surge in hospitalisations come January, but that hasn’t really come to pass. Cases have been high, yes, but they haven’t really troubled the hospitals, and now this wave appears to be peaking and coming down in the UK, in similar ways to South Africa. It’s reckoned by modellers that France will also peak in 10 days time.

If anyone in the USA is worried about Omicron, don’t be. It will look like an ice-pick on a graph rather than a wave. A very steep increase, but also a very steep drop. And switch off the mainstream news.