View Single Post
Old 21-11-2020, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Though short periods of silence are little different than a break, longer periods have tangible affect. Most notably are clarity and peacefulness.

I know it seems counter intuitive as those voices seem to be helping us figure stuff out. However, with the greater clarity of the silent mind, little figuring out need be done, many answers/solutions are 'just visible'. No need to figure anything out if the solution is readily available.
I agree 100%. Although for most people silence is but a break. The voice in our head is us, even if it sounds differently than our own voice. Yes, I experience how nothing needs to be figured out when one bathes in their own deeper quiet presence. My gist is that the human mind is a tool, a gift, that we can develop and use. The problem is not with the human mind rather the problem is how people may use their mind. How our mind acts is based on our own inner conditioning. Yes, I agree, and experience, that true clarity is the absence of all thought and images. But in my opinion everything, including our very own mind, is useful. It does not have to be a bifurcation.