View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyscott
When I am not consciously aware of my thoughts they can easily consume me. So i tried a meditation of silencing the mind. I first start observing the thoughts that go through my mind and images and feelings. I then start to shut them down as they come into my mind. Not always easy. But as each thought is silenced there seems to be another layer of thought behind it so I silence it and on and on. As I get deeper and deeper I notice things become peaceful and less thought emerges. To a point where I am just an observer of nothingness. But after that experience when I let myself think again. I begin to wonder if the act of observing is a thought or just being. Is my true self just the observer or is it a thought process to. Is there a layer beyond the observer I guess. Anyone else practice that type of meditation? If so. Anyone have any opinion on it?

Just my musings.............

I like doing walking meditations.
For me, the mind seems to naturally quiet itself during this form of meditation. I get to the point where a different reality comes in to focus. There is no pain, no discomforts and then the magick begins to happen. Sometimes it is so real, I can't tell the difference from what is perceived to be real.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜