View Single Post
Old 28-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
These are just my personal opinions.

I believe that ego can be gone - completely. One still functions but with and through the Will of God only. One is still oneself however, but wholly oneself and Always with God/Wholeness/Truth/Reality.
Don't you see though that that's contradictory? If the ego can be gone completely how can one still be oneself? Or are you saying the self isn't individual? Maybe corresponds to some monotheistic principal or principle?

Besides, to the gnostic the god is within one so will be influencing their "I am." God is filtering through a lot of 'past experience' processing to the you at the front reacting to the situation you happen to be in.

Quote:
It a situation when God (we use this word for conversational purposes but can be any number of words) is now the dominant force and not the lower, separative, ego.

In this positon, One will sense the changes....
...It's NOT intellectual. One senses a shift in consciousness. God consciousness.

And you see you've done it again. How can one sense the changes without an ego or at best a self? What's doing the sensing? Are you suggesting the dominant force itself is sensing the change? (Pse correct me if so.)

Quote:

There are many paths to this One Truth, but it's essential that you work the Path you are on, that you have chosen. What is most important is that God is waiting for You.

JL
She's there already. Truth is unique to us individually. Whether there are many paths to it I don't know. I suspect there are several.