View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Emerson believed in law of Karma . Does that interest you ?

Are you sure that Emerson would have connected this essay with Karma?

I'm not sure at all. In fact I think he was pointing out simply that repercussions are unavoidable no matter what. Simply because an act causes an effect. Karma on the other hand is a driven activity, designed it seems to ensure retribution ensuring that (say) a baby is born blind because of past deeds.
I find this a horrible state of affairs.

A little while ago on another thread I posed the question 'The Concorde Crash and Karma', in other words did the hundred or so people who died in that crash deserve it.
It seems that those of us who are karma fans were/are quite prepared to believe that various people and parties from various walks of life planned the flight, bought the tickets, boarded the plane together quite unaware of the fact that an invisible karma 'manager' had decided an American or Canadian (I can't remember) aircraft mechanic should assembled a small piece of a plane wrongly so that it fell off in Paris onto the runway causing one of the Concorde's tyres to burst its way into the wing. Thus ensuring that retribution should take place.

The amount of retribution to be put on hold in the mechanic's soul must be heavy but of course it is only fair.

Is it not?

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.