View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 01:40 AM
Master

Sometimes we use some words giving them different meaning than others do. To me anger is that emotion that takes over you, and dictates your reactions and actions (almost) instinctively. It can be transitory, but it makes you almost always do something that has negative consequences for you (the angry person).

From this perspective, I believe that anger is detrimental.

Surely, sometimes we get lucky, and anger helps us. Still it is risky to not be able to control your anger.

Often enough anger degenerates in fear. We can easily see such occurrences in our dreams. It happens during the awake state too, but having less perspective we might not notice the connection.

In my opinion, fear is the most detrimental emotion one can experience.

Also, our emotions cause in our lives situations that perpetuate the same kind of emotions, and the more intense those emotions the quicker and more powerful those situations happen (others call it LOA).

That is why some gurus and dogmas recommend "unconditional love". Neither because love is our natural state or purpose, nor because being selective is bad, but because after filling yourself with an emotion it is more difficult to replace it than when you are emotionless.

Surely, love when accompanied by negative emotions (fear, worry, ...) defeats its purpose. Having it conditional would imply to gate your emotion by your mind, and would be slower than instinctual anger and fear.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.

Last edited by inavalan : 04-05-2021 at 02:27 AM.