View Single Post
Old 21-02-2021, 06:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Listen diligently to questions of children and as long as they keep asking "why" after an adult's explanation, keep answering more and more. They are the minds of the future. No question is a question that should remain unanswered.

I agree that children are the minds of the future. This is why, depending on the question of course, i wouldn't answer their questions. More so if i felt the question was sincere or philosophical. I'd rather encourage children to seek out the answers for themselves rather than depend on others to seek out answers for them. And if a child was exceptionally bright then i'd rather encourage them to examine their own questions deeper than get distracted with seeking an answer.

I also agree that adults should listen to children. And if anything, perhaps we should be listening to their answers more rather than provide them with our answers.

I feel most if not all philosophical and sincere questions are unanswerable anyway. And if i were to give an honest answer to a child, a lot of the times it would be "i really don't know."