Thread: Shelf Life
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2020, 12:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
I was wondering about the shelf life of my essential oils as I get back into working
with them. I have three wooden boxes for them which i usually keep in a drawer.
The other day i was thinking about how old they are and some must be over five
years. Now I understood that citrus oils don't last that long but too my surprise
the bottles felt cool and they smelt fine. So my question is how long have your
oils lasted for you? My grapefuit, lemon and orange oils must be over three years old.

It is hard to tell, in my opinion, what is the shelf life of essential oils.

I am no expert even thought I do have on hand a fairly large collection of oils.

Now back to what I was going to say, essential oils generally get 'cut' so many times, it is hard, if not impossible, to tell exactly what a person does have. There is one substance that most people use to 'cut' their oils. A couple of weeks ago, I knew the name of the substance but for some reason, I can not remember what the name is. I have 4 gallons on hand and believe it or not, none of the containers have the name on it. Last week I bought 2 gallons. When I went to buy, I just pointed to the gallon jugs and asked the dealer how much? The price was right......

I have bought oils overseas. I use to go to one place and all they sold was oils. Minimum unit was a liter.

I know I didn't answer your question.
I would say if it still smells good, then use it.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜