View Single Post
Old 17-01-2021, 10:17 AM
Knower
Hi Unseeking Seeker,

I think meditation is one of the best practices we can do, and though I agree it's better to approach it without a strict agenda, I think that doing some investigation to increase our interest in it can be helpful. If meditation did not feel so nice (in my case this is mostly pleasant sensations in the head), I would probably practice it less often (regardless of the benefits that are unrelated to how nice it feels :-). I'd even say that my practice is focused on that (but often we initially come to a practice in search of a certain "food" - to use the analogy that Thanissaro Bikkhu often talks about - and then we gradually improve our diet and move on to better foods, such as stillness or peacefulness).

I also agree about the sensation of energy being (possibly) related to frictional resistance. I usually (often even subconsciously) imagine energy coming in through the head, so perhaps that's where the friction occurs. But yes, I'd be curious if other people experience this in the "lower" chakras, also because I would be curious about experiencing the effects there myself.