View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 12:55 AM
Master

You sound very nice. Thank you very much for your opinion. I never thought of it like that but I would say you are correct about my sister in law. About my brother I think you are right. I did not think of it. My brother lets his wife do almost anything she wants. She often puts my brother down. My husband, my other brother and I wonder how he can stand it. He just puts up with it. My sister in law was not nice to my mother as well. My sister in law says things like she is just like a daughter to her. I ignore it.

I am sorry to hear about you having problems with your relationship. Reading about your situation made me think. When I am around my sister in law and she puts me down in front of everyone, no one says anything. I think it is best as it will only make things worse. I just ignore it. I got advice from a friend and she said to ignore it and not to pay any attention to it. For my brother's 60th birthday we bought him a very special bottle of alcohol. It cost a lot of money. It was my husbands favourite drink. I did not know that my brother did not like it. Many months later my sister in law shrieked and complained about the alcohol we got. My husband said nothing. Not because he was weak. There is no point in making the situation worse. I said to my brother, you should have told me you did not like it as I would have sent it back and got you something else.

I will put myself in your shoes. If my husbands family was nasty to me I am sure he would not put up with it. He would say something to them or not go there.

My husband is kind, caring, considerate, faithful etc. If a person does not respect you or is not kind then it is best to be apart. It would be harder having children to separate. My son did it. He has a one year old daughter and is separated from his wife. He said she was so unbearable that he could not stand to be with her. They had counseling but if it is not meant to work then it will not work.
My friend said her husband was a narcissist. They have been separated for years and she is very happy.

No one should sacrifice their self respect. I am glad you take good care of yourself. I hope you are able to find peace.