View Single Post
Old 21-11-2021, 08:09 PM
asearcher

How to cope best?

I have 2 people in my life that I would say are not stable and I am not alone in thinking this.

I have tried to get distance, to have things my way, to set boundries, to keep myself busy - but I have to say these 2, and especially one of them, have this power to bring me down. I am "down" or at least a level or two "down", always because of especially one of them. I can't seem to break loose from it.

I am sure that many people can deal with this better than I can and I wish so badly I could just turn it off.

Do anyone have any advice on how you have handled these type of people that you simply have to deal with, you can't cut them out?

I am lucky in that I have lots of well functioning relationships and am used to getting along with people. I know no one's perfect, I'm not perfect.

I feel I can never relax in my private life because of these 2 people, especially one of them, it is always that this person is waiting for me to call back or something, it does something so I can't relax. It's too much. I feel myself being drained, and I know I am the one who is doing this to myself in between the contacts with this person. How can one deal with this in a better way? I wish I was different. I wish I knew how. Thus the relationship is always "on" even if it is not, even if hours,days, week or more without contact.

Have anyone been through this and could please advice of something? I would appreciate it so much! How did/do you turn it "off" in between the contacts?

Last edited by asearcher : 21-11-2021 at 10:31 PM.