View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 11:17 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrolopology
I used to know a old woman who claimed to be able to read my tarot cards. Recently she was known in the community to have been arrested for fraud. The police report doesn't say specifically why but I am wondering if there is a correlation here
Even if a case report cited this woman's use of Tarot as a tool to bilk people that information would not have anything to do with Tarot card reading in general. Look at this another way for a moment: There have been many cases of quacks and imposters in the position of doctors. Many have been proven in a court of law. Does this suggest that doctors or the medical world are bogus?

Tarot card reading has a stereotypical stigma of being the platform for con artists and thieves. That said, I have had Tarot readings which contained a mix of information I could confirm as correlating to the reality I was aware of as well as some misses. It is not a snapshot of something easily recognized no matter how aware, intelligent and open you are to possibilities. Legitimate and capable readers can misinterpret or miss the mark entirely.

It is just as possible that this woman was a decent Tarot reader but defrauded people with or without Tarot or both regardless.

I used to believe talents/gifts like psychic awareness were indicative of an evolved good soul. I have known many personally since then and learned that the talent/gift/innate ability can be like being born with a certain hair or eye color, a singing voice or knack for crunching numbers. It is just something to experience life through. How you utilize it, including ignoring it, is up to you and the circumstances of your particular life. Some people have "earned it" or past experience with it and carried that into this life but this is not a prerequisite from what I have observed or at least as far as I could determine. The scenario of being "honest-challenged" in life can show up anywhere.

Last edited by o0A0o : 02-01-2021 at 03:35 AM.