View Single Post
Old 26-07-2023, 12:05 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
During a radio interview on BBC Radio 3 in the mid 1980s', John Bell, the theoretical physicist made famous for his now famous 'Bells Theorem', made some rather eye opening statements when discussing his theorem and Alain Aspect's experimental results. To say Bell liked a deterministic universe seems to put it mildly - he called it super deterministic. Bell's inequality seems to be rooted in two assumptions, namely that there is an objective reality, and the concept of locality. Aspects' experiments seem to mean one of these has to go, but Bell, surprisingly favored going to the pre-einstein views of Larmor, Poincare, Fitzgerald, and Lorentz - that LR is not inconsistent with relativity theory. The idea that there is an aether, and Fitzgerald contractions and Larmor dilations are not detected because the experimental devices are affected by them in exactly the right amount to null the result of the detection is a "perfectly coherent point of view."

Einstein Relativity was adopted more because of the philosophy - that what is unobserved does not exist - and because Einstein had found a theory that was simpler when the Aether was left out. This speaks volumes - it suggests that because the Aether became non-PC for the times, the philosopher scientists of the day seized upon the first theory that worked without Aether in it - if Joe Blow the trashman had been there first with a theory he had come upon between trash runs, we would be today referring to Joeblowian Relativity. Einstein was just in the right place in the right time. Bell comes very close to saying the results of Alain Aspect's experimental results *demand* an Aether theory.

It is too bad Bell died before he could read my web site. His question would have been answered. I'll have more to say on this later when I discuss the resolution to the paradox of Unitarianism in QM, and how it is a non-issue.

Greysky
www.allocations.cc
Learn how to build a FTL radio.