View Single Post
Old 27-11-2022, 04:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminary
I understand loving others, recognizing one is not separate. However, isn't doing this assuming loving is right and harming is wrong? What am I missing?

what an odd question... most people just take such things for granted and don't think about them any further.

love for others is set against the love for money...

but to answer the question directly, my reading of the good book says that the fundamentally 'wrong' thing we all do is assume there are things that are fundamentally right and other things that are fundamentally wrong, and act accordingly. So really, to the gods, doing a 'wrong' thing can seem beneficial, to the extent it frees you from having that kind of point of view. Which doesn't mean there aren't consequences if you do something others don't like, it just means things aren't as easy as just saying 'this is right, and that is wrong' just because others are agreeing to a certain way of looking at things.

Go down that road far enough and you'll get a feel for how fickle the things people say they want really are anyway... in my view we have a nice house of cards, built out of things we don't even like beyond the fact that everyone else says they like them too lol... it is like we are juggling balls high in the sky, and can't make ourselves stop and get grounded.

by the way that kind of statement about right and wrong hasn't been pushed by the gods beyond a simple remark about it early on. I think it is because the tendency, if you buy that kind of statement in the first place, would be to take that statement itself as a proclamation of what is right and what is wrong and so you haven't really progressed past the original problem... then it just becomes another hollow way of living.