View Single Post
Old 28-10-2023, 11:18 AM
Master
I’d take the opposite view and say everything is real. Singularity is real when ego dies and we see who we are as living light in ineffable peace, feeling complete, renewing itself within itself. Yet, duality is also real, for the one becomes two, polarising itself in a game of separation and union, of concealing and revealing, that by experiencing contrast and overcoming adversity, the singular aspect of universal consciousness as Self, also enriches itself.

Time and space disappear in singularity and they become the template or screen in duality.

From the finite perspective of us here as an entity, we are limited and yet unbound, we are in the universe and the universe is in us ~ all these are known in direct experience, hence real.

I’d like to go with real although I do agree Vedanta says the world is an illusion, a dream (incidentally, Tantra accepts the world as real, whilst acknowledging, as Swami Sri Yukteswar Giri said, ‘God or Sat is the only true substance’). Sure it is, but then dreams too are real, we weep real tears in them, don’t we?