View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 11:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I'm not sure but you should mention it to your therapist. It might be perfectly fine but it might not. I don't know but I do know for some episodes/conditions meditation is contraindicated and your therapist should be able to provide some guidance. At the very least you should talk it through with him/her and relate your experience.

For conditions like severe anxiety and some forms of depression there's a very specific therapy program that incorporates meditation techniques called MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). I think there are also some similar programs for some (but not all) types of personality disorders. I think it's for BPD and called DBT (Dialetical Behavior Therapy).

These are highly regimented therapy programs though and for treating specific conditions.
Thank you for the advice! Do experiences such as unconscious movements, increased heart rate and clear but distant visions belong to some kind of normality though? If that’s even a possible answer to give, since it’s highly individual.