View Single Post
Old 13-01-2021, 11:05 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattisF
I am undergoing professional therapy and taking good care of my health. The spiritual advice came from people who’ve had similar issues with the concept of dying. Does the mental treatment interfere with the meditation? What can the consequences be of having those two processes going on simultaneously? Poor sessions due to the absence of complete peace?

I'm not sure but you should mention it to your therapist. It might be perfectly fine but it might not. I don't know but I do know for some episodes/conditions meditation is contraindicated and your therapist should be able to provide some guidance. At the very least you should talk it through with him/her and relate your experience.

For conditions like severe anxiety and some forms of depression there's a very specific therapy program that incorporates meditation techniques called MBSR (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction). I think there are also some similar programs for some (but not all) types of personality disorders. I think it's for BPD and called DBT (Dialetical Behavior Therapy).

These are highly regimented therapy programs though and for treating specific conditions.