View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Lorelyen

You have to remember that you're seeing/feeling them from your vantage point, the accumulation of experiences of many encounters over many lifetimes (if you believe that of yourself) which doesn't mean that yours and others feelings are in agreement. Another "sensitive" might sense something very different.

It can happen at all levels - at the most superficial, 'first impressions'. I doubt any two people will get the same first impression of someone.

I'm quite sensitive to people who are naturally sensual (i.e. relying on their physical senses to create, reach decisions, act and so on. But I wouldn't expect others to get the same impression. In fact I know they don't.

As for taking over / being taken over from an outsider's viewpoint it's important to be sure you aren't projecting your personal experiences onto them or being triggered by some small sign that they're trying to take you or someone else over.

It's difficult. We all react to others all the time, sometimes superficially sometimes deeply depending what the interaction is about. And it's how we read signs. I believe in mirror neurones fairly strongly, action in the brain that somehow enables an emotional empathy between two people. It's one aspect of communication. There's a heck of a lot about communication. Practically everything one is in the material world is laden with signs from the fine details of the way they dress, through their gestures (body language); what they say in what tone of voice. (This was a main subject in my education - semiotics, the 'science' of the meaning of signs). But the way we read them is mainly down to our experiences accumulated over a long time - lifetimes in your belief. (I say 'mainly' because there can be a cultural commonality with signs which means that we conventionally experience things because our backgrounds are similar.)

Like it's very easy for someone to spot they're being taken over if there's been abuse in their past. But equally they are able to put up a barrier once they sense it.

Just my views though.