View Single Post
Old 16-03-2022, 10:53 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyman
On the other hand I don't trust "science" much either. I mean, I can trust math,..but critical topics in other science may be taught incorrectly, and some science can be hidden.
The point is that genuine scientists know they haven't arrived at any definitive answers. They know they must keep searching. They also know that their hypothesis today is likely to be knocked over tomorrow.

Quote:
For example until I recently, I would think,
1. in ancient Egypt, kings used their slaves to build those pyramides as gorgeous tombs for themselves.
This is interesting on another tangent but it's rarely considered. There is no way that the Egyptians could have cut the stones for their pyramids and more so the granite blocks used to build their temples, with any of the tools found by archaeologists. They only had copper tools, maybe iron and that would never have cut granite.
Then there are those Egyptian flasks and bottle also made of granite - the ones with a thin neck and a bowl shape at the bottom. Aside from being cut (turned?) with an accuracy that raises eyebrows even today, how did they do those undercuts to get the inside of the bowl? How did they get the thickness of the neck consistently to 1 mm or so?
Even now with the most advanced tooling, the technique can't be reproduced in granite.

Where did they get the tools and technology from? Where did it go? Because the archaeologists have found no traces?