View Single Post
Old 12-03-2022, 08:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I wonder, when we have an experience of the onesss of all things, how can the mind even have such an experience if according to the naturalistic view ( if I remember right the term ), consciousness is produced by the brain ( even though there no real proof as far as I know ) ?

Not all brain research points to the brain producing consciousness. There is also the problem (for instance) of those few people who can remember everything not losing their rememberances even though the body (all bodies) exchange cells for new ones every 7 years. Odd to think that memories could jump from atom to atom or cell to cell.

The Canadian scientist Penfold could show that the brain is crammed full of life's memories.

I'll join you ThatMan. I know what it's like to experience Oneness. It happened to me when I was twenty. I was fully awake at the time and moved into a scene of what I can only call universal fullness. Not being religious I cannot, with a good conscience, call it a mystical experience. There was no god present and nothing but unending horizons. I have never forgotten it and think about it almost every day. This understanding of oneness was also accompanied by another - the knowing of everything. I knew the answer to any question. It's all available to an awareness which somehow opens to a totally experienced universe. I wasn't 'shown' this condition or state - I lived it.
That was 63 years ago, in the meantime, at various intervals I have had other experiences stemming from (as I am convinced) that which we call consciousness. I have always been thankful for each moment - and each of them (a total of sixteen) has been impossible to explain in the light of day.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.