View Single Post
Old 31-10-2022, 10:13 PM
Ascender

I have had dreams about a few. Fragments only. And I have had this recurring dream/nightmare about traveling on a bridge that has flooded. This dream changes a bit (destination, etc.) but I'm always crossing this bridge trying to reach safety. I've had this dream since I was teen/young adult at least. Suspension bridges throw me into panic attacks. And when I was younger, I lived in a city that was below sea level on the coast and there was this particular part of the city that had a road with a marshy lake on either side. So the road/bridge(?) was quite near water level and it would trigger feelings of anxiety. Not horrible, or incapacitating but I would become extra aware. Whenever I see pictures of the 7 mile bridge to the Key West Island of Florida, I feel a little anxious.

Funny thing, though. In the same city, there's a bridge that crosses the Chesapeake Bay to the next city before the tunnel. I've crossed it many times in a car with my parents driving and as an adult. I don't get the same panicky feelings. Even the tunnel. I'm fine driving in the tunnel under the water.