View Single Post
Old 19-09-2022, 09:24 PM
Master
I suddenly felt called to work with trees again. That feeling came up strong during a walk. I hadn't really worked with trees anymore in years and now the longing was strong and deep.
I decided that it would be a good time to get a tree deck in. I'd looked at those before, never bought one though. Now the thought came into my mind immediately.
I looked into the various tree oracle decks. The one I had highlighted a couple years ago didn't really appeal that much now. And I came across another one I'd not seen before even though it's from 2011.
That's Voice of the Trees: A Celtic Divination Oracle. I was in two minds as the artwork in a way is lovely but not entirely correct with it's perspective etc. BEing an artist myself that can bother me. But I loved it nonetheless, the booklet too from what I could see on YouTube reviews. So I went for it.
There was another one though that also greatly appealed to me and I decided to get that in as well: Celtic Tree Oracle by Sharlyn Hidalgo. (There's another deck with the same title, that didn't appeal all that much)

The first should come in tomorrow, the latter Wednesday or Thursday.
I can't wait to get going with them! Maybe they'll even get me to use my Ogham sticks :) These were made for me by a druid years ago but I've never done much with 'em even though I'm very happy to have them and that he made them for me! I treasure them greatly, just never got round to learning the Ogham sticks for divination.
Might be nice to combine them with readings.