View Single Post
Old 13-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Master
New card deck - the Wild Unknown Tarot, written and illustrated by Kim Krans

A friend gifted me a deck. :) it was time to move out from the Children’s tarot deck and learn to read the grown-up descriptions. I am enjoying this new deck because of the hand drawn pen and ink style with a splash of color. It incorporates animals and nature in the themes with the traditional four suits. It took a few days to “unstick” the cards and separate the cards. I actually had to make five piles of the four suits and major arcane and take one of each from and put them in the center until the separates piles were all gone. I cleansed them with a selenite wand. Then I gave them a proper shuffle.

The first couple of three card reads were well balanced. So, I asked a friend if I could practice on them. Oh my! Pulled all three of the same suit. (But, I shuffled and split all the cards apart and cut the deck) However, upon reading the descriptions, the cards had read the person and the situation along with another family member, to a tea. :) I was a bit shook up.

The second practice read had different suits and a major arcane and the cards read the topic the person asked about.

I like the book, as it explains the suits as families and their general meanings and that the royal family cards actually represent people. It also gave some ideas for layouts and ways to read.

For some reason, I feel very comfortable with three cards. I can’t really wrap my brain around the other configurations yet. Walking before running, I suppose.