Thread: The no self
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2022, 03:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
My "little" human mind instantly got scared, I said to myself, on step and I am entering into the very presence of God Himself while being fully aware of this, Buddhahood, Christhood, Enlightenment, Self-realization, whatever the name, waiting for me. I got scared, still not ready, it's a process for me.
Indeed. It is a process and a journey. The experiences of anata evolve and get deeper. One of the aspects of anata is that the personal identification is not there. Another is that there is the interconnected 'Allness'. These need to be integrated into our conscious life expression and allowed to flow freely. But when we experience this anata and begin investigate this 'Allness' or Universal Interconnectedness, we should hold our horse before we deduce from our experiences that this is 'God' or 'Truth' or any other blessed word - this still shows the play of 'self' to try and filter, integrate and file these experiences as concepts within our memory, and we should even be more careful to prevent the self to express these concepts in our daily life or it will lead to blocks for our personal development because we are grasping, and others development as well as it will give them something too to hold on to. Let us allow the sun to rise and set and the moon likewise.

We should continually seek to deepen this 'no self' in our meditation and our day-to-day life. When we continue to do this, the next thing we experience is the emptiness of the Allness. The same allness which we deduced is 'God' or 'Truth' or any other blessed word is found to be empty. Again, we should be very careful in allowing the self to arise and conceptialize this. We and the Allness appear to be empty and the boundaries of self dissolve and there is just Allness or presence or oness which seems to have no boundaries. It is a merger, that which Patanjali calls as 'yog' or 'yoga', where the seer and the seen are one. Just as Jesus says, the light of the body is the 'eye'. If your 'eye is single' then your whole body will be full of light. When we see duality, it is a reflection of our state of being. It we see emptiness, if is our state of being.