Thread: The no self
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 02:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
Sweet! I call this place 'self - denial'. I laughed when I learned that the self I thought was there was actually not there at all. I kinda felt funny because I made it all up, lol.
It's inspiring to know that there are others who have come to this understanding, right here, on this very forum. I experience the same yearning and it's pushing me forward into uncharted territories, offering me experiences that are just incredible.

I've been thinking for weeks about enlightenment and the pinnacle of the human condition because like you, when you realize that there's no self, you are just one step away from what has been known throughout the ages: Christhood, Buddhahood, Enlightenment, Nirvana, Self-realization, Higher Self, True Self; you can feel it, you can almost touch it, the veil is slowly fading away while you are wide awake and not even meditating.

My "little" human mind instantly got scared, I said to myself, on step and I am entering into the very presence of God Himself while being fully aware of this, Buddhahood, Christhood, Enlightenment, Self-realization, whatever the name, waiting for me. I got scared, still not ready, it's a process for me.

A very interesting post @Aknaton, much to learn from you, much to ponder on. Looking forward to hear more of your journey. As a message to everybody else, I had no teacher to achieve this, just meditation combined with yearning to know what lies at the very core of my being. I felt that this is going to reveal me God, not mentally, but in a tangible way.