View Single Post
Old 25-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Master
I had a really good chat to a customer yesterday. He’s a IT manager of radiology and he’s a busy man in high demand, travels to a number of work places connected in the state. He was sharing he loves the driving (which means he is on his bum a lot). He told me he packs his swag and fishing rods on his work travel days, and camps out, rather than being cooped in a motel. He enjoys nature, walks and fishes, sleeps under the stars and woken up by the sun. I said, “ you get it” your creating a healthy lifestyle while you work. Incorporating little things, that support your mundane regular have to do’s, into a daily practice, where all your needs are supported.

This is just one example of course. There are plenty of ways to find space in a work day to support your own well-being and health.

People generally who are commuting and working, stressed and overloaded, don’t have space, but if you can’t make space within, the ‘what you have to do’ yourself, your bosses and co workers are not going to save you. All they want is the job/s done.

In my job I create healthy space by making up my own healthy lunch box or I’ll take a walk to the healthiest cafe and buy there. Either way that space I give to my day, nourishes me, the walk is movement in my day. Other times I’ll do push up’s off the bench or throw a towel down and do some yoga or core exercises when I’m able too.

People will say, they don’t have time. They don’t have the energy, but if you can create a healthy space withjn the ‘have to’s’ it’s absolutely possible. All else is just excuses we tell ourselves. Your boss isn’t going to worry about your health and self care. He just wants the job done.

As for children and drugs, don’t get me started.