View Single Post
Old 22-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
There is no mental illness in the spirit world, at all.
If we accept that the astral world exists and has various levels then I have no doubt that this is true at the medium levels and higher.

But we are often told that individuals after death find themselves on whichever plane corresponds to their vibration, in an environment which reflects their own nature. So the person who on Earth is driven by violence or selfish exploitation of others finds themselves after death on a lower astral plane surrounded by similar people. They do not suddenly change because they have left their physical body.

So why would someone who is mentally or emotionally unbalanced on Earth suddenly become sane and rational just because they no longer have a physical body? They still have the same mental and emotional bodies with all their imbalances. The exception would be those whose mental and emotional problems were caused by some kind of damage to the physical brain.

And we are told that while many people naturally gravitate to the astral plane after death, many others hover around the physical plane in a state of confusion until someone appears to guide them, and even then the newly deceased person may be unwilling to follow.

So if someone is mentally unbalanced and reluctant to be led to a place of astral rest, what happens to them? (Incidentally, abandoned asylums are notorious for being haunted by disturbed beings, presumably those who were former inhabitants.)

We are also told that one of the difficulties in the astral realms is that our thoughts may manifest instantly. So if someone is mentally disturbed then what kinds of things might manifest in their environment?

I do not have the answers, but I think that any investigation of this subject has to ask these questions.

Peace