View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Elfin

Hi Sparkle... I can also feel your pain. It would seem as though you and Joe do share a close bond. Your story reminds me very much of my niece and her boyfriend. They were together ,as a couple , in their teens... She is 30 now, and she loved him desperately.. but he broke up with her after a couple of years , because he wanted to "explore" life...and he moved away, with no contact. She was beyond heartbroken... After a few years he moved back. And they resumed their friendship, but Only as friends, and that was his choice. She still desperately loved him.Everyone in the family were worried about her. In the end , he moved in with her, again ,only as friends. He was renting a room from her, and then we were even more worried about her seemingly tormenting herself. This went on for years.. until 4 years ago, they announced their engagement. They were married 3 years ago, have a lovely little girl, and another child on the way. They could not be happier. But she never gave up on him you see..... As for you, I'm cannot say whether you and Joe are destined to be together... But what I would say is this...sometimes in life you HAVE to be apart first.. for whatever reason... Before you can be together. But I wish you well.