View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Strange, I find the same thing with Spirituality, only often it's far messier. The pretentious phrase "Universal Truths" is used and when others are trying to debunk someone else's Universal Truths, they relegate them to the status of personal truths (note the lack of upper-case). Often though, truths are no more than opinions with very little knowledge behind them. At least science goes through a process before it's accepted as a fact.

My dear SD, it's a Journey to Self. It's not a Journey to others or a Journey to religion or Spirituality, a Journey to Self. After that it's the 'contents' of Self in whatever shape or form that takes - what we are full of.

I've been watching some Penn and Teller Fool Us YouTubes recently and realised what I'm missing in Spirituality. I'm missing the magic the Child Inside felt when Spirituality was a whole new landscape stretched out before me. Today there are too many answers, far too few questions and way too many opinions as truths. Not to mention eye-closing and associated agenda. Lack of inspiration has become a cold, dark, dank dungeon.

Yeah he is damned cool. He's also very down-to-earth and not at all pretentious considering he's such a brilliant mind.
I agree on all fronts.

We should not have to begin any spiritual discourse with a disclaimer. The mistake, of course, is expecting others to know that this is only our personal opinion, one of many variables...however, they will still say "no, you are wrong" nonetheless..however, they are entitled to their opinion as well.

The misunderstanding occurs when any logical explanation of why another would say "you are wrong" doesn't eventuate...shucks, I may have actually learned something.

In my philosophy, my religion and my understanding, the only "Universal Truth" is called Brahman. It is something beyond words..nobody can speak about it without everybody being "wrong" and hence why it is a "Universal Truth".

Yes, I agree with you about how much Spirituality has changed (or I have) since I experienced my very first awakening...back when I was 17 years old. It was all new, all fresh..I felt like I was walking on clouds.. everything shone from within, being self-illuminated with the Divine, Source energy..I couldn't stop smiling and laughing..it was all just beautifully crazy and I would go into such deep trance states that would last for days..I could connect with Spirit and Mother Earth and just be a carefree nomad..and there were many around me who were just like myself..there was this "knowing" without words...this sharing of peace and love...and no, drugs were not involved, but it was like they were.

Then I "grew up", got married, had kids of my own, had a mortgage, many responsibilities and all of what I felt just began to slowly seep away over the next 20 years..

Then 10 years ago, I decided to get back into it..into the whole "spiritual trip"....during that time, I have had about a dozen really nice, great experiences..a couple of them were pretty mind blowing...but nothing whatsoever like they were before I got married..and often, I wonder if I could ever reach those spiritual highs again..whether all of that is still "in there somewhere" or whether this is gonna be as good as it gets now.

Meanwhile, I honestly know that speaking about spiritual things on a spiritual forum isn't really doing me any favors either, but it is one way to pass the time..one of many ways..