View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 05:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
What do you speculate re the sadness and harm in the world then? Why does that happen?

Do you feel sad about the suffering of the world?

I don’t know why I’m stalking you recently, dear One, but am.

Namaste.
I like being stalked.

What I perceive, is that people forget their true nature - the one they had as an infant - before social conditioning and trying to exist in a world that makes absolutely no sense to them.

Some are just blindly ignorant, in that they are not aware there is even any other option or alternative than to exist the way they do.

Others are wilfully ignorant in that they know there is an alternative, but choose not to take it - they prefer swallowing that blue pill and yet kick themselves their whole life for not taking the red one.

Then, they blame free-will for all of the manure they get themselves into, when that same free-will can get themselves out of it, but the risk vs reward outcome is too great, so they prefer to stick with all of those "devils they know" as opposed to all of those "angels they do not".

This is why I believe suffering happens.

I don't really feel sad about all of the suffering in the world..I mean, it would be really great if it wasn't there...but it is and I realise there is nothing I can do about it.

I try not to ruminate over things that will increase the level of the generalised depressive disorder that I already have and try to focus on all the nice, positive things instead.