View Single Post
Old 26-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Surfer
Hi, I meditate, with like a year break, for about 4 years. I try to focus on a mantra, but the mind uses every opportunity to disturb the silence in between the chanted mantras(i say them mentally actually). Sometimes it seems like I can sense the silence underlying the whole area of my mind, but can't quite get there. Any ideas how could I improve my practice? All help will be greatly apprieciated.

Hi Soul_Surfer

What you describe is par for the course for all spiritual meditation.

In Buddhism, they call it "monkey mind". For years or possibly aeons, the mind has been running rampant at its will. It is not going to take a day or a month or even a year for it to be fundamentally in silence, at your will.

I do not know what system of meditation technique you are working under, but my opinion is the most important thing is just to continue it with no expectations or requirements per se.

It's like building a muscle, every day you do a curl up (or ten) and those repetitions don't seem to be doing much. But intrinsically, something is working.

This is also how meditation works. It's best at this time to not read too much about other peoples' experiences or opinions {including my own!} and take it with a spacious, patient frame of mind.

As you would cultivate a plant, you do your part (watering, seeding, sun and shade) and allow/trust in nature to do its part.

What is valuable, is that you are planting a seed, and it will blossom under your diligent and above all patient eye.

shiningstars