View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 05:47 PM
Knower
Just in case you didn't get enough of me rambling on about my dogs in the last post, I would like to dedicate this post to the other wonderful doggies members of my family :)

The first one goes out to my mom's dog who passed away November Friday the 13th of 2015. She had adopted her when I was 16 & i was living with my dad @ the time. I was living away from home (both mom and dads) before I was 20. I had moved in to my moms a time or two throughout that timespan, but it was never too long. So I didn't know her as well, but she was still my doggie and i loved her! The shelter didn't know her full back story but she was around 1 when she was brought to the shelter. She was found wandering the streets malnourished and frightened of people. They had said she had been abused before arriving there. 2 other people had adopted her before us but was brought back once because their other dog wasn't taking to her & the next person said she was to high energy. So she had a rough start & she never fully healed from those scars. That dog never hurt a fly though. She was a sweetheart so I pray she has found peace. We were never completely sure of her breeds but she was definitely a German shepard and the shelter & vets believed she was border collie which we agreed with them. RIP Dakota aka Kodi. You were very much loved and we all miss you & know you are no longer carrying that pain with you, that is all any of us ever wanted for you & never deserved whatever you went through. You were a beautiful spirit and we are happy you found a safe haven with us. :-)

Then there is my sister's overly protective unstable headache of a dog....Nah He ain't all that bad. he is demanding though & just always has to start barking like a lunatic for who even knows why. I do think his special brain might have some faulty wiring though. He is about to be 4yo in a few weeks. I had got my sister a DNA test a few years ago cause she wanted to figure out what on earth he was. He had some wacky family tree and his breed ratio is all over the place. His two main breeds are equal parts lab on his moms side & jack Russell on dads side.

Then the next set he 2 breeds that he has less of than the 1st set but more than the 3rd set are equal parts border collie on moms side & beagle on dads.

THEN the 3rd set that he is the least amount of are equal parts rat terrier on dads side & something else on moms i just always forget. Yeah he is certainly an original little thing... (The dog in the pic representing him is only jack Russell & lab since I am sure his litter was the only of its kind)

Ok I am done if anyone actually made it through all of that. Lol :-P I just love my doggies & wanted to give them a shout out cause well... they're just the most awesome awesomest things. Life could only be capable of reaching 1/2 its potential if there weren't any dogs here with us. Ok thanks, you have all been great! Until next time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Border-Collie-German-Shepherd-Mix-Feature.jpg (80.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg ec5d146f0b9907d2c76781b61ed8399b.jpg (62.4 KB, 4 views)