View Single Post
Old 26-10-2021, 07:23 PM
asearcher

Thanks for sharing.

First time I met someone I was to be later told was a psychopath (and in recent time checking it and to me it sounds very much so) I felt this immediate disgust without being able to tell why, and this me not liking that person stayed with me a long time. He was an expert on manipulating and could be very charming and then I fell for him.

When I later met someone who turned out to be a narcissist I felt it right away (but not as bad as with the psychopath).

They have never developed in a normal, healthy way. Either born this way or been (and this second belief I have read the most about) created that way somewhere during childhood. What so terrible about this is that they can't heal during this life time, it can't be reversed. Mental illness can in some, or maybe many, improve, and heal, but these conditions of psychopath and narcissism is not seen as a mental illness, and they work/live with it.

What I can say for those two individuals that I came to know (both were not of a romantic nature) was that they were different from each other. While the psychopath did not need attention drawn to him, but had a calm, controlled, silent many times, but always superior, in the background, watching - the narcissist could not get enough attention, good or bad did not matter. I would not say the psychopath encouraged arguments or fighting, while this is something the narcissist did. The psychopath would not let no one push him around and one could then tell, in such moments, either a very cold expression or hate in the eyes. I can't even remember the psychopath raising his voice at me, screaming, but still the words and everything else was enough to make me tense.

I think with the psychopath, my own assumption, is that he had felt neglected by one parent (who was busy with other things that had status), and I think he did feel loved by the other parent, but my own thoughts about this is that that loving parent could have suffered so much from the relationship that it took so much energy, and so this was the possible reason why there was a neglect in a way? Other than this theory I simply don't know.

With the narcissist it is so clear it had one parent that was a narcissist and the other parent was passive and not involved, which is another kind of allowance and neglect.

They have no real feeling of inner worth, and so they have created an image to both fool others but too themselves. They lack a normal sense or at all empathy which is the number 1 threat as far as I can see.

They want anything with status. Status is superficial and is about being successful, having power, staying in control, being impressive to other people, being able to manipulate other people to their advantage, even if they don't care about other people - they care greatly in some other ways what other people might think. It is clear something is broken, one piece of the puzzle don't fit with another.

They might be drawn to you because you have a vulnerability, is co dependent, or, and, have some kind of status that will make them look good too, they feel entitled to have that. With me it was, with the psychopath, my looks and my reputation, that people liked me. That I could with easy connect with people in real life (as I could read them). That I was sensitive enough not to go and step on someone's toes, while the psychopath knew about himself that he did not have that. One time I let him insult someone without giving him some sort of sign before it was too late, as I wanted his real face to show behind the mask. He got angry with me (taking no responsibility for it himself) for not having said anything, when it had come out of his mouth.

It was nice to read that someone else has reacted on the energies within, around a psychopath, I'm not one bit surprised and believe you.