View Single Post
Old 21-01-2022, 06:58 AM
asearcher

I agree with everyone who has written here :)

I have edited my answer because well, surprise, surprise I always or at least very often tend to write too much!

Do not tie up your finances with your dad - and for your sister to have free access, you have to find a way to get out of there.

My only fear is why you are still living with your dad is because your finances are already tied up, or if you are to make money - they somehow make it their interest to get hold of it somehow.

If I were you I would book an appointment with the bank, come clean with what ever the situation is, and tell them you want your own place and what they would recommend. Ask too for a plan to split up what ever it now may be that have your finances tied to your dad's or your sister's.

I mention the money part as I see it is a recurring theme that money gets mentioned in your threads.

Money is one of the superficial factors that narcissists use one way or the other as they see it as more of a status, as more important than normal people do, and if they can use it for something bad that only looks good on the surface- they will. It will also be a way for them to gain control over you.

I have seen someone be in financial dependence with a narcissist and believe me there is a price to pay for that. It is better to just go to the bank or to live under more poor circumstances than to suffer the cost, the emotional cost, the humiliation that comes with it if your own finances are tied to a narcissist's.

So I urge you to take control of your own finances and go to the bank. Never ever mix your own finances up with your dad's or your sister's. Protect yourself.

For a person your age you should really be more into creating your own life and I mean that with the best intention, and not let no dad and no sister drag you down.

You can do this! :)

Last edited by asearcher : 21-01-2022 at 12:11 PM.