Thread: Vishnu
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 AM
whispering wind

I wanted to share with you I recently had a experience that I do not understand. I know very little about Hinduism and actually knew nothing about it when this occurred. What happened was I was in a store and my husband I I were getting some stones. I was walking around the store and felt a strong draw to something but I didn't know what it was. I felt as if I could not leave the store until I found it. I looked around thinking it was probably a stone but had no particular draw to any of them. I walked by a group of small hindu figures and really thought that couldn't be it so continued to walk around the store . Again I walked by the figures and felt the draw was there. I picked up a figure and my hand tingled and warmed up. I felt a great amount of energy as I held it. I tried putting it down but couldn't. I asked the owner who the figure was. She told me it was Lakshmi. Each time I hold the figure I have the same feeling as I did in the store. Later I looked up Hinduism wondering why I had such a draw to the figure. I couldn't find much in my search until a few day ago. I came across an article written about SRiLA PRABHUPADA . In this article something I had been searching for a long time became very clear. I know know what will happen after I leave this body . Again I went to another place and was again drawn to hindu figures. I felt a great peace and comfort when near them. I have no idea why this occurred or what I should do now. I was brought up in a Christian family but no longer follow that religion it simply did not feel right. I began to fear that nothing would feel right and felt like I was just going through the motions of living. I thought perhaps I'd take some yoga classes and do more research on hindu. Any ideas on why this happened or what I should do from here. Thanks so much for reading.