View Single Post
Old 25-12-2019, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I'm old enough to remember the day when Derek Bentley was hanged in the UK, a nineteen-year-old boy who killed a policeman and whose death proclaimed a great change in the public's thinking about justice. I was about 15 at the time and it was the moment when the Establishment took to the stage in my life. There is no doubt that he did kill but lots of doubt as to whether the force of the law should have been applied in his case.

The whole of the UK seemed to stand still on the morning he was executed and I think we were all ashamed of ourselves.

All religions whether 'conservative' or not (I don't understand such a definition) are morally twisted. Listening to these people and then seeing their actions show their words and worlds in a true light.
Quoting and knowing the Bible and all the other 'good' books is just a waste of time. It's only your thoughts and your actions that count - just as missionaries ruined Africa so have 'good-doers' ruined the world.

Maybe you have just seen in the newspapers how many children have been raped in Haiti by the 'helpers'.

I didn't know anything about Derek Bentley. Just looked this up. Seems he was pardoned in 1993.