View Single Post
Old 24-12-2019, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Here in the UK we don't have capital punishment any more,just imprisonment and rehabilitation.It seems to me that people are only religious when it suits them.

Where I live, the land once was once under the control of Spain. When the citizens revolted, the land became under Mexican control. When Mexico sold the land to the US, it became under US control.

Our first mayor/justice of the peace under US control was a chap who administered the law and justice in a unique way. Being we did not have a jail during that period, he would administer sentencing by giving lashings to the prisoner. Half now and the other half at a later date. The person would move after the first set of lashings and would never came back for the rest of their sentence. This type of punishment kept the crime rate down.

Currently, I live in Arizona. We now have the original 'London Bridge'. In days long gone, the original London Bridge was used for executions especially those dealing with 'high crimes and misdemeanors'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜