View Single Post
Old 13-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Take a look at posting #11 and then maybe you'll get my point. I try to help folk with the bread-and-butter stuff that can cause consternation for regular folk who are afraid or unsure. It's not for me that I do what I do....

Carry on with your good work, if giving succour and comfort is near to your heart and ideals then what could be better. It's not removed from mine, but my presumptions are different.

We all have differing concepts, some meet with mass approval and become popular, some hover at the edges. In my world everyone is right. We are 8 billion people and everyone's concept of how things are reflects the 'truth'.

I've used this before; If you want to know the secret of life's mystery ask the rice planter in Viet Nam, you know the one up to his knees in water. His concept is just as valid as mine.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.