View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 03:12 PM
somoo

What is your position on political cartoons which are not exact representations of people and animals but, rather, exaggerations for the purpose of delivering a message?

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that the one who makes images – by drawing or engraving –will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and these images whose makers are given this warning are images of animate beings, based on what its says in the hadeeth, that Allaah will say: “Give life to that which you have crated.”

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Those who make images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them: ‘Bring to life that which you have created.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5607) and Muslim (2108).

It seems that images with incomplete features and those which do not have a nose or eyes are not included in the images that are haraam, and their makers are not included in the warning, because they cannot really be called images and these pictures are not competing with the creation of Allaah.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among the people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection will be those who imitate the creation of Allaah.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5610) and Muslim (2107).

Media & Islam War or Peace ? by Dr. Zakir Naik (Full VCD Quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb1iiSxf3W4

someone told me
Thank you for that, . As cartoons and caricature are not exact representations nor imitating the creations of Allah then my work is not haraam.

This is comforting to learn and gives my work legitimacy.

With regard to stuffed toys in which the image is not clear, even though there are limbs, heads and shoulders, but they have no eyes or noses, there is nothing wrong with them because this is not competing with the creation of Allaah.

12 New Muslims Share Their Journey to Islam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpA5a100M1A