View Single Post
Old 13-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
This is very sad but it reminds me of my feelings and thoughts that humankind is here to help animals prosper and evolve in ways, obviously the opposite of what has mostly gone on.. but it is not too late, there are still things we can do to correct our errors and then from there we can redeem ourselves further with new innovations or renovations... ie stuff like creating nature-friendly pathways and habitat alternatives where needed. I mean if a freeway or something has interfered with animals being able to get to one place or another, then we could build a special kind of bridge specifically for them, and I guarantee we could find ways to get many animals to use these types of things.
Such wildlife bridges are already in place in many countries. They help but what truly helps is creating strong network of connected nature areas. The problem here is that those areas tend to be small and continue to shrink. A second problem is that most governments don't really care about such matters and it's just not high on the agenda. It's always far more likely nature continues to be razed to the ground for intensive agriculture, and cattle ranching is usually the biggest issue across the world..

If everyone were to give up eating beef and pork and all large mammals we'd have a continentally sized area available for wildlife and robust nature network systems..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
Another project we could have been doing a long time ago is building gardens for animals
Yes.. one way is for people to actually have a garden, not just a field of grass or stone. Increasingly people think it takes too much time (time that is better spend on FaceBook, apparently...) and they'd rather have just rocks or grass in their garden. Insects are seen as disgusting because people think it's all mosquitoes and fleas, but all insects, the pretty ones and the less pretty ones are necessary for birds, just like flowers are necessary for many insects..