Thread: Ethics
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2024, 03:34 AM
Master

Unseeking Seeker, I embrace what you have said, but I also firmly believe in karma, or you reap what you sow. If I am going to scam someone, in my belief, the probability is great that my behavior will be returned to me in kind. We get from life, for the most part, what we put out into life, in my opinion.

Money has no value in an of itself; money is just paper which governments develop for its people to use for goods and services. But it has no intrinsic value. For a long time people used to barter for goods and services, trading this for that. Then gold, silver, and jewels, became the preferred currency. Today it is paper money. Paper money is also used to buy gold and silver.

In my opinion there are too many people who believe that their self worth depends on how much money they have. Howard Hughes was once considered the world’s richest person, and he was just a millionaire; today there is a tie for the world’s richest person between Elon Musk of Space-X, etc., and Jeff Bezos of Amazon; and they both have some one hundred billion dollars or more.

Soon the world’s richest person will be a trillionire. But in my opinion the only true wealth is spiritual wealth. When asked if they should pay taxes, Jesus replied “give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and give to God what is God’s.” I feel it is unfortunate that this world does not have a better economic system then money; money creates have’s and have not’s.

But I will not say it is the root of all evil because good things can be done with money under our current system. Having money is better than not having it, but is your money controlling you or are you controlling it? There are so many Americans who are in debt, and the so-called “cost of living” keeps rising around the world. In my opinion there is a big difference between what we want and what we need.

God’s Speed