Thread: Stress
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2021, 09:04 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Well look who’s here. The story you have shared does not surprise me. Your dad had a traumatic experience as a child that left and indelible mark on him, but as far as his wartime experience in Africa. Some soldiers handle war better than others. Having seen his mother tragically killed at a very young age, no other trauma could compare with that. PTSD can come from so many things. I salute your dad as a brother soldier. I have served along side British soldiers, Australian solders, South Korean soldiers, etc.

The major feature of my PTSD was survivors guilt. I was 19-years old when I went to Vietnam, that was the average age of American troops in Vietnam, and I saw lots of people die. Held many in my arms as they took their last breath. I had no previous reference for that. So it left and indelible mark on me. There are different levels of severity in PTSD, some have a mild case while others may have a more severe case. It depends on the person, what they are exposed to, and have been previously exposed to in the past.
....HEY YOU too...... Glad to see you still alive and kicking !!! ... Yes with what you say about war and PTSD.... You were 19..my dad a similar age .... My eldest son , believe it or not, I believe was still suffering PTSD from a past life with regard to "bombs" and being "blown up". He expressed all of this from being 3ish... To 7 ish.... I had to sit up with him all night many times to help him through those dreadful nights. So any one that says "past lives" are nonsense.... I do what I always do to the "enemy" .... Poke them in the eye with a stick.... But hey, that's just me ! But I'm being serious here, my 3 boys, and I CANNOT imagine anything worse than any of them telling me they are going off to war. I would rather they became boxers, my 2nd biggest fear for them !!! ....