Thread: Walking
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 10:18 PM
Master

I walk almost everyday about 2 miles in about 25 minutes. It is useful as aerobic exercise, which means it has to elevate your heart rate past a threshold. The rule of thumb is to walk at a speed at which you can barely talk.

Surely, it is better to walk in any way than not to walk ...

But, it is also good to know why and how it is optimum to do it. From aerobic point of view, walking faster than I described, or longer than about 20 minutes, brings only minimal additional benefit.

If you enjoy it, by all means walk it longer, but that won't bring you more physical health benefits. If you want to spend more calories, use anaerobic exercise, as aerobic exercise is inefficient. You should also train all muscle groups, which walking doesn't.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.