View Single Post
Old 14-05-2020, 02:45 PM
Master
I'm a weightlifter and my favorite gym has been closed for the duration!

We're mostly stuck at home and I'm the sort who pretty much goes crazy without regular...usually daily exercise of some kind.

so here's what I've been doing......

Every morning my wife and I go for a brisk 45 minute walk which is quite pleasant to do right now with the gorgeous weather!

I have limited weights at home...mostly a few dumbbells to about 55 pounds so I'm improvising.

With the dumbbells I can do high rep dumbbell press's for chest and shoulders....about 4 sets each to failure....

Back.....one arm dumbbell rows to failure...also pretty high reps due to the lack of weight....I have also been throwing a rope over a tree limb in the backyard and chinning from it.

Legs are a problem....due to a lack of equipment so my work-a-round has been to do 5 sets of squats to failure with my oldest grandson riding piggyback sitting on my hips....Nick weighs about 145 Lbs now so to keep the intensity up I'm doing sets just 30 seconds apart.

!st set....about 35 to 40 reps (wait 30 seconds) 2nd set....about 25 to 30 reps....another 30 second pause....3rd set, 15 to 20 reps.....pause....4th set, 9 to 15 ...pause.....5th set 7 to 10....

I gotta say I get one crazy pump in my thighs from this routine!

Is this perfect??? No...but it is maintaining my muscle mass nicely and I feel like my fitness level has not fallen off at all during shut in periods!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!